I have a YouTube Channel where I demonstrate several ways to tie a wrap, as well as different ways to wear your baby or toddler, but the best way you can really get a feel for babywearing is to find an experienced babywearer! There's definitely a bit of a learning curve with a wrap, and even a seemingly simple buckle/soft structured carrier like the Ergo can be uncomfortable and unsafe if not adjusted properly.
If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, I'm happy to help. (Email me at xelabaxter at gmail dot com.) If you're outside the Bay Area, check out Babywearing International or try searching for a meetup or yahoo group to find other babywearers near you. There are also usually experienced babywearers at La Leche League meetings.
Here are some other helpful baby wearing links:
- Hobo Mama's babywearing safety tips
- Natural Urban Mama's Babywearing Myths & Misconceptions: Part 1 and Part 2
- An unlikely source, but a (hilarious) man's take on babywearing can be found at MarksDailyApple.com (He has several great posts on the subject. One of my favorites is this one.)
- Wrapsody baby wraps (This mama sells several types of baby wraps, as well as provides comprehensive information about babywearing safety and videos on how to tie your wrap and wear your baby or toddler.)
- Paxbaby.com (be sure to check out the link to "Paxbaby's Playdates"!)
You can find all the blog posts I've written related to babywearing by clicking on the label "Babywearing" (under the list of POPULAR POSTS on the right). I also share lots of great babywearing info I find on my facebook page. Check back often for more links to be added!